Monday, February 28, 2011

Beta Channel Update: 0.10.156.46

It's here! The beta channel has been updated to 0.10.156.46. That's also the current dev channel release so if anyone has been wanting to get off of dev channel without needing to do a recovery, now would be the time to switch back to beta channel.

We have two winners to the poll, haybales and wethreetrees both picked today, Feb. 28th as the date a 0.10.xxx version would reach beta channel:

haybales says "my cr-48 is great, and also colin is forever beta"
and
wethreetrees says "yay!"

congrats guys, revel in your Internet glory and fame. Soon, we should be seeing a 0.11.xxx version hit dev channel bringing new features (and bugs!) to our favorite little matte black laptops. What are you looking forward to in 0.11? Let us hear about it in the comments.

13 comments:

  1. My laptop JUST got the update it was running 0.9.130.14 for the longest time... and who knows why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the official version URl has changed but my CR48 still says "up to date" when I force a check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Don-J-Rude: Keep hitting the Check for Updates button. After a few dozen times it should see the update.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda tried that already. :/ I decided to bump it to DEV to get the update then I'll bump it back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can attest to the "pressing the button several dozen times" method. That's the only way my system has updated the last two times.

    I realize this is probably a lazy thing to ask, but for those of us on the beta channel who haven't been following the dev channel that closely, is there a change log from 0.9.130.14 to 0.10.156.46?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would shave my head for a working media player in 0.11! and maybe for the ambient light sensor to be less twitchy, or at least user-adjustable, so i can take off the piece of gaffer tape that's covering it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe the Flash player plugin will stop crashing!

    Ha! Sorry, couldn't resist...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wpa2 enterprise, gps utility, pdf with CJK support,...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I switched to Dev channel accepting all the Warnings listed there. Now that the new Beta channel is available I want to go back to it. I did the change but ... Nope, still in Dev. What do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Guillermo,

    If you've gone to Wrench -> About Chrome OS -> More Info and switched to Beta Channel, you'll start getting beta channel updates just as soon as another one comes out. Google will be updating Beta Channel updates with versions of 0.10.156.xx (where xxx is greater than 46). Meanwhile, dev channel will get 0.11 version updates.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  11. This update is giving me hell in Ubuntu with the trackpad though.... :/ Care to post a guide on how to fix that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found this thread searching for a solution to the auto brightness "feature". I too have a short stack of pieces of gaff tape covering the webcam and light sensor(s), and yet the brightness still auto adjusts. Not a lot, but a little, and it's the most annoying thing about this computer. Is there another sensor hiding out somewhere?

    ReplyDelete