Monday, March 7, 2011

Dev Channel Update:

Update: It appears Google may have pulled the update. After recovering my Cr-48 this morning (needed to test something on beta channel) I've been unable to get the update again even after forcing update checks repeatedly. Hopefully the issue isn't to nasty and we'll see updates resume soon.

I talked about what to expect with 0.11 this morning and sure enough, the first 0.11 dev channel update is upon us. The new window switcher icon is present at the top right of the screen. WiFi ad-hoc mode should work also though I haven't had a chance to test it yet. If you have, let us hear about it in the comments.

I expect we'll see quite a few updates to dev channel over the coming weeks as Google brings in new code for the 0.11 Milestone release of Chrome OS and then works to get things stable again.