Monday, January 3, 2011

Turn your Cr-48 into a regular PC

Hexxeh has a nice tutorial describing how to turn your Cr-48 into a regular PC with a normal BIOS so that you can boot Windows 7, Ubuntu, even Mac OS X from USB and install like you normally would on a laptop. Unfortunately, the process does require you to crack open your Cr-48 case which will probably void whatever warranty your unit has from Google. If you're brave, technically fit and curious go ahead and give it a shot and let us know the results in the comments. I'm holding off on this one for now because I don't feel like cracking open my Cr-48 and I really am starting to like Chrome OS, while I miss local apps, the speed at which I can pop onto the web and simplicity are fair trade-offs.

Your princess is in another castle…